Friday, January 27, 2012

Weighing The Pros And Cons Of Catwoman's New Look


Click the banner for a somewhat closer look.
The images of the statues were taken from the DC Direct catalog.

I finally got the chance to take a closer look at Nolan's version of Catwoman played by Ms. Hathaway for the upcoming Dark Knight Rises movie. The costume is....interesting, to say the least. Here are my personal views on the "pros" and "cons" of Catwoman's new getup.

Cons
  1. Of course you cannot have a female character without skin-tight clothes and high heels. It is 2012, and even though I do not agree with the obnoxious sex appeal of females in our culture, I have no choice but to accept that this is what our society has accepted as "the norm". I know Catwoman has always worn "sexy" costumes, but I will never understand how she fights in stilettos all the time. Also, after observing that statue (and I think I observed it a little too deep), I don't think that Anne Hathaway's boobs are that big.
  2. Those so-called "cat ears" are pathetic. I have seen girls at anime conventions with nicer looking cat ears than those little black triangles on her head.
  3. There is nothing unique about this costume. They could have tried harder.

Pros
  1. I am thankful that there is no obnoxious cleavage in this rendition of Catwoman, unlike in Arkham City where Catwoman's bodysuit was unzipped practically down to her belly-button.
  2. The shades are kind of cool, I guess?


Yeah, I really cannot think of anything else.

Overall, not too impressed with this costume -- and from what I have observed, not many fans are, either.

I love Catwoman's character, but I have never been a fan of any of her costumes through the years.

1 comments:

shaving mirrors said...

Hello sir, I got you by Google search.

It is really helpful article about the topic of . I so much interest about your article. I know it is not any simple information. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog as I have GPFS Franchise, Inc. has been approved by California Department of Corporations to start the sale of Franchise Opportunities.

Oh Thank You Very Much For Write That Fantastic Article.

Post a Comment