Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Game Backlog


I was inspired to create this list by several other gamers who seem to be suffering the same problem as I am. It is that time of year when gamers are overwhelmed with too many game releases. Now that all of the major titles of 2011 have been released, I realize that I am extremely backed up on my "games to play" list. How exactly do developers expect us consumers to play these games, all of which are released from September – December, while maintaining some sort of life outside of games?

But, I digress. While the situation is unfortunate for us gamers, it still exists and we must deal with it. The topic at hand is what games I have on my "backlog", meaning which games I plan on playing, but haven’t gotten to yet.

Currently, I have been consumed by Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMOs seem to consume a lot of a gamer’s time), Skyward Sword, and Skyrim. These three games happen to be very strenuous on my time, however, I know there will come a point where I need a break from these games – and that is where the “catching up” will take place.

Oh, and not only do I need to catch up on the recent game releases, but there are also several older games that I need to finish. They will also be featured on this list.

Enough talk. Here are the games. My “game backlog” consists of the following:


Batman: Arkham City – I am ashamed to say that I have not played this game yet.  The game released in November, I got excited, but was too busy with other things to afford/have the opportunity to play. To be honest, I am waiting for some sort of crazy deal on Steam before I purchase this game. That may not happen for some time – but you never know.

Rage – In my opinion, this game is a "renter". Meaning, I'm not planning on spending $60 for it. So far, you may be reading this blog and saying, "wow, she is cheap" – but I promise you, I'm not that bad. I'm just a poor college student trying to conserve money, okay?

Dark Souls – This is a game that I have played, but never finished. Quite honestly, I don’t think I will ever finish this game. However, I would like to advance in the game to the point where I feel like I really accomplished something.

Catherine – This is not a game that came out recently. Nonetheless, it’s a game I’ve really wanted to play  but haven’t had the chance to.



Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Another game I started, but never finished. From what I heard, it was a quality game. Therefore, I'd like to finish it at some point.


Mass Effect 2 – This is slightly embarrassing to admit, being that I always talk about how much I love Mass Effect, and also the fact that ME3 is coming out soon. My goal is to finish this game before the release of ME3.


Penumbra Series– This series is an oldie, but they are still games that I have wanted to play but still have not had the chance to. I absolutely loved Amnesia, so I really wanted to try this game







Halo: Combat Evolved – From what I have heard, this remake of the original Halo is great. I have yet to get my hands on it, but it is certainly a game I have been wanting to play.




There you have it – my somewhat lengthy list of games to beat. There may be other games that I forgot to add, but this is the bulk of it.

What are some games that are on your gamer backlog? Do we share any similar games on this list that we have both been slacking on? If you haven't compiled a backlog list yet, I highly recommend it. Creating a list will help give you a visual idea of how behind you are. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment