Monday, March 21, 2011

Bulletstorm!

I had the opportunity to experience the amazing campaign of Bullestorm this weekend. It was a very, very entertaining FPS. I would describe it as Gears of War in first person shooter form with ten times more creative ways to kill enemies. AND it includes more creative weapons than the lancer in Gears, as well. It also has extremely funny dialogue. Bulletstorm even has characters who have individual personalities, along with an antagonist who is a complete  jerk off that you will end up hating by the end of the campaign.

That, right there, is my brief synopsis of Bulletstorm. Like I said, it is obviously very similar to Gears of War in regard to graphics, the fact that the main characters look jacked up on steroids, and the enemies even look and sound like the locust from Gears. But that is not a bad thing because Gears of War is AWESOME. (I seriously cannot wait for Gears 3 to come out in November. And the beta next month cannot come any sooner, either. Gears has been one of my favorite games for a while now, ugh I'm just sooo excited and I obviously cannot contain my excitement!)

The reason why Bulletstorm is not like any other FPS is because of the creativity in every kill you make. You can have so much fun with it, too. Whether it involves kicking your enemy into a giant electrical socket or impaling them with a drill, the dozens of skillshots that Bulletstorm incorporates in the game is amazing. The weapons also make wiping out your enemies even more fun. From the flail gun, to the penetrator, and the leash... all of these weapons make the game's style and gameplay so unique. It is so hard for me to explain how incredibly unique the game is -- you all will just have to play the game for yourselves.
Like I read in an article a few weeks ago about Bulletstorm, "Creativity is your most powerful weapon". That is so true. Fun, fun, fun. This game is so fun.

These videos will give you a little glimpse of some of the dialogue in the game. The videos contain some language, so they are probably NSFW. But they are still really funny.


***NSFW***


0 comments:

Post a Comment