First of all, let me look at the reasons why I wanted an Xbox 360 in the first place.
- Halo Exclusive (I admit it...I am a Halofag)
- Gears of War Exclusive (I do enjoy the Gears of War series a great deal)
- XBL, I feel, is better than PSN in many ways. At one point, XBL offered a lot more than PSN. I felt the layout and everything about XBL was much more user-friendly. From what I've heard, however, PSN is beginning to get better.
- Excluding the horrid D-Pad that Xbox has, I prefer the Xbox controller; especially for shooter games. I find it much more comfortable than PS3.
Now, let's look at why I am considering switching over to a PS3.
- Ever since I got my new gaming laptop, I definitely prefer playing shooter games on the PC over playing them on a console. That being said, any shooter game from this point on that is going to be released for multiple platforms I will probably get for the PC. For example, Bulletstorm. The majority of games that I play on the 360 are FPS, thus making my 360 a little bit useless.
- Killzone 3. Omg, that game looks sexy and I want to play it so badly.
- Other PS3 exclusives that I never got the chance to play, such as Heavy Rain.
- Halo and Gears are the two most important 360 exclusives to me. The Halo series is done (besides the remake of the original Halo that is apparently coming out this year). Gears 3 will be released this year (this series will also probably end soon). Since my two most important exclusives are pretty much done, that makes another reason why my 360 is looking pretty useless at this point.
- The Xbox Live community is just getting stupider and stupider. Seriously, within the past few months I've been unable to play a game of Black Ops without getting harassed. While I usually find it entertaining, it's just been getting really old and really annoying. I hear mixed reviews about the PSN community, some tell me that it's better than XBL because not as many people have mics, and the ones that do usually aren't toolbags or 12 year-old boys or people who make annoying noises the entire game (yes, I know...I do use the mute button). But from others, I hear PSN is just as bad. Regardless, it doesn't matter to me THAT much, because I can tolerate this. Which makes me wonder why I even made this a bullet. Um, yeah.
- And here is probably the most obvious reason: PSN is free. Hah. Screw you, Microsoft.
And that's really why I have been considering getting a PS3. I have definitely been putting a lot of thought into this and I'm sure there's more reasons why that I haven't said here. But who knows what will happen, I'm never good with decisions, anyway.
And if you're wondering, why not get both? Don't know if can afford that, really. The money I'd get from selling my xbox is what I'd put toward getting a PS3 (possibly a refurbished PS3). It may not be THAT much money, but it's better than nothing, right? And what would be the point of having a 360 if I would barely use it?
This photo pretty much describes my relationship with my xbox at the moment.