Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My thoughts on Dead Space 2.


Dead Space 2 was released yesterday. I've yet to pick up the game and play it. However, I have played the first Dead Space game, I have played the Dead Space 2 demo, and I have done my research. I am aware that many are very excited for this game and have been looking forward to it's release. Regardless of what everyone else has been saying about Dead Space 2, I am not happy about what I have experienced so far. I am extremely disappointed, and I am not looking forward to this game like the majority of the gaming community. Here's why.

First of all, I have played my fair share of horror games. From Silent Hill to Resident Evil to Siren, they are all games that have freaked me out. But I must say, no game has scared me as much as the first Dead Space game did. I recall being so afraid, whenever I played and I was home alone, I had to ask my friends to join an xbox live party and talk to me while I played so I didn't crap myself.

If you've played the first Dead Space game, you will remember how slow paced the game was. Although the slow pace got a little frustrating at times, that feature is one of the many things that really made the game frightening and suspenseful. In the demo for Dead Space 2, I noticed that the game was much more fast paced. I felt like I was playing Gears of War, not Dead Space. It's supposed to be slow and scary, not fast like Gears of War. A few things in the demo made me jump, but overall, I don't think I was as scared as I should have been. If the demo was supposed to impress me, I can tell you now that I was not impressed. And because of that, I decided not to buy the game. I may rent it. But not right away. Maybe in a month or so. Right now, though, I don't have much of a desire to play it.

But you really want to know what my favorite thing about Dead Space 2 is? Issac's new "curb stomp". It's hilarious. Watch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment