Thursday, January 20, 2011

If You Want A 3DS... Go Pre-Order It On Amazon Or Gamestop Now


The talk of the gaming world yesterday was the 3DS. The confirmed price is $250, and the official release date is March 27th. Both Amazon and Gamestop are now taking pre orders for the handheld system. If you are really interested in getting your hands on the 3DS, I would suggest pre ordering it right away. I am almost positive that Nintendo is going to do the same thing that they did to us when the Nintendo Wii was first released. To refresh your memory, back in 2006-07 when the Wii was first released, every store only had a limited supply of Wiis each week. Nintendo didn't supply the amount of Wiis that were being demanded in America. Therefore, if you did not pre order a Nintendo Wii, you were unfortunately out of luck for quite some time. Every week when stores got their new shipment of Wiis, many would line up outside of their local stores early in the morning with hopes of getting their hands on their very own Wii from each store's very limited supply. (Sadly, I was a victim of this madness. For weeks I waited outside of my local Best Buy in order to get a Wii. One week, I finally got one. It was a glorious day.)
Anyway, I read an article a few weeks ago which stated that Nintendo is only releasing 2.5 million 3DS handhelds in America on it's release date. That is actually quite a small number. And Nintendo, as we have seen with the Wii, has a history of not being able to meet the demand of their very largely desired products.
But who knows? Maybe the 3DS won't do too well. It's hard to say. $250 is a lot to ask for a handheld system. However, it is the first 3D electronic to be released where you don't need those obnoxious glasses. Definitely a revolutionary piece of technology. So we shall see. I can tell you that I won't be getting a 3DS anytime soon.
If you'd like to read more of my thoughts on the 3DS, check out my post from about a week ago.

And, finally, I'd like to leave you all with some images comparing the N64 version of Ocarina of Time vs. the new 3DS version. The 3DS OoT looks absolutely stunning.


My goodness, it looks SO good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment