Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Why is video game music so much BETTER than all other music?

You all know I speak the truth there. Come on.
To quote Tommy Tallarico, creator of Video Games Live, "If great composers like Beethoven and Bach were still alive today, they would be composing video game music."
I couldn't agree more.

I'm kind of sad. For months I had been planning to go to Video Games Live in New Jersey tomorrow, December 29th. Unfortunately, the plans I made to go with certain people recently backfired, so I won't be going. I've been QQing a lot about this for the past few days.
I went to Video Games Live in NYC last year. I can honestly say that VGL has been the best concert that I have ever been to (and I have been to my fair share of concerts and performances).
Tommy Tallarico is an awesome guy. He has inspired me greatly. He's very, very dedicated to his work and video games. I've met him several times, actually.

Tommy and I at Video Games Live in 2009. I look awful, but oh well. I cosplayed Princess Peach to that concert; it was awesome. I even got to go up on stage before the show!

Because I love video game music so much, I was considering doing a meme type thing for this blog. I would like to post a piece of music from a game every week. A song or composition that I'm absolutely in love with.


So for all of you Final Fantasy VI fans. I bring you, Dancing Mad by the Distant Worlds Orchestra This is probably the best composition I've heard of this song. Distant Worlds FTW.


0 comments:

Post a Comment